Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Chichester Cars Ltd – Terms & Conditions
• All customers’ vehicles are fully covered by Chichester Cars Ltd insurance whilst repair work is carried out on our premises.
• You agree for your car to be driven by any of our staff whilst any repairs are being carried out by Chichester Cars Ltd. This may include delivery / collection and test drives etc.
• Chichester Cars Ltd accepts no responsibility for goods or articles left in the vehicle, or damage or mechanical fault on any vehicle which includes the likes of a flat battery, clutch slipping, faulty handbrake, etc.
• All vehicles must be supplied with the O.E.M tool kit and locking wheel nut keys for removing and fitting wheels, where applicable.
• Subject to these terms and conditions you agree to pay for the service(s) set out in the documentation between you and Chichester Cars Ltd.
• It is your responsibility that the “booking in” form and any other documentation between us is accurate. All verbal conversations in regards to repairs, estimates or quotes are here-say unless confirmed within the original “booking in” form or in writing.
• Chichester Cars Ltd does not accept responsibility for the safe transport of wheels delivered and / or collected by courier; you should ensure that any courier you use is adequately insured.
• Chichester Cars Ltd will always endeavour to refurbish all wheels to the best of our ability but can not be responsible for poor castings or excessive corrosion. These problems are sometimes only apparent when the old finish has been removed. Other problems found can include:
• A: The wheels/locking nuts/studs having been incorrectly maintained or modified;
• B: Any previous service or repairs which have not been properly carried out;
• C: Any parts which have been wrongly fitted or the structure of the wheel / component.
• Wheels which are classed as in very poor condition could be subject to a minimum additional cost of £5 per wheel to cover additional labour required before any work commences. Where heavy corrosion is present markings may still be evident after the refurbishment.
• Chichester Cars Ltd do not hold any responsibility whatsoever if we have Welded your wheel, It is a repair and may well crack again. Any subsequent welding will be charged additionally.
• Split rims are undertaken entirely at the customer’s discretion and responsibility as to the suitability or the refurbishment process (all dismantling and reassembly of split rims is your responsibility). Please note that recommendations regarding suitability for refurbishment, dismantling and reassembly of split rims vary between manufacturers. It is your sole responsibility to check suitability with the manufacturer. Please note split rims are not covered by Chichester Cars Ltd Guarantee. Should Chichester Cars Ltd split down the wheels we would advise for the wheel bolts to be replaced, the cost of this is additional and passed on to the customer. The customer also needs to be aware that in some cases the wheel bolts can snap and therefore will occur addition cost.
• Customers should be aware that whilst we aim to achieve a very high standard small blemishes might be visible and we cannot guarantee 100% perfection. Chichester Cars Ltd offer a 12 month guarantee on powder coated wheels, and a 3 month guarantee on diamond cut or polished wheels. The guarantee does not cover normal wear and tear, further damage incurred or where excessive corrosion was previously present.
• Customers should be aware that whilst we provide a lifetime guarantee on our paintwork, we will only guarantee this as a result of painting a *fresh or new panel. We cannot provide a guarantee for a repair which comes into contact with a previous repair, carried out by an alternative repairer.
**fresh panel indicates a panel that is either brand new, or repaired by ourselves, and not previously repaired by any other vehicle repairer.
• Chichester Cars Ltd cannot guarantee a colour match.
• Chichester Cars Ltd offer a 12 month guarantee on all powder coat wheel finishes (including wet paint and powder combinations) provided that no chemicals other than those provided/supplied by Chichester Cars Ltd have been used on the wheel(s) and that they have been subjected to normal road conditions only, i.e. no off road driving, track day driving. Chichester Cars Ltd will decide whether to repair/replace refund in such circumstances and our decision will be final.
• Claims under Chichester Cars Ltd guarantee are settled by free rectification or (at Chichester Cars Ltd discretion) a refund equal to the portion of the invoice price representing the unsatisfactory repair. Any refund or liability shall be limited to a maximum of the amount quoted upon the estimate or invoice. Chichester Cars Ltd will not be liable for any consequential loss incurred as a result of repair. It is incumbent on you to keep a receipt as proof of work carried out. Any warranty claim made without a receipt shall be subject to Chichester Cars Ltd discretion.
• Chichester Cars Ltd reserves the right to charge extra in the event of unforeseen problems and in such circumstances will contact the customer for agreement before continuing.
• Where wheels are delivered on the vehicle, we endeavour to ensure that all wheels are securely refitted following refurbishment, and are tightened to manufacturer specification however we advise all customers to check their wheel nuts/bolts within 30 miles or 48 hours upon collection of their vehicle and at regular intervals thereafter to ensure that the wheels are secure at all times. This is standard practise.
• Chichester Cars Ltd endeavour to provide a turnaround time period agreed we cannot guarantee this. Certain factors which would assist in the time period being achieved would be as follows:
• A: The wheels being on site ready to start between 08:00am and 09:00am.
• B: The wheels do not have any hidden defects or require addition work.
• It is your sole responsibility to check the condition of your tyres to ensure that they conform to all safety and legal requirements. We can supply and fit replacement tyres upon request.
• Chichester Cars Ltd recommend that new valves are fitted to all wheels that require a strip and refit of the tyre. Rubber valves will be supplied free of charge. We accept no responsibility for leaks, etc, where the original valves have been re-fitted at your request.
• Chichester Cars Ltd does not accept responsibility for damage to the valves or sensors within a tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) where the valve cap has become damaged, corroded or fused to the valve. It is the customers responsibility to inform Chichester Cars Ltd if a TPMS is in place. If we are unable to remove the system without damage and the TPMS components may be damaged and require replacement or repair the customer may incur additional charges.
• Alloy wheels or Cars have to be collected before 6:00pm unless an alternative time has been previously agreed between us.
• Unless other arrangements have been agreed beforehand, payment is due on completion of the repairs to wheel(s) or car and shall be by cash, credit or debit card.
• Vehicles/wheels will not be released until payment has been made in full unless other arrangements have been made between you and Chichester Cars Ltd.
• Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of Chichester Cars Ltd for death or personal injury caused by negligence. However, Chichester Cars Ltd shall not be liable for any direct loss or damage suffered by you, how so ever caused, as a result of any negligence, breach of contract or otherwise in excess of the price paid for the service(s).
• Any complaints should be sent in writing (Including email) within 48 hours after you have collected your vehicle.
• The terms of supply of the services will be subject to English law and the English courts will have jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising from the agreement.
• Chichester Cars Ltd shall not be liable for any failure to perform any of its obligations to you where the failure is due to circumstances beyond Chichester Cars Ltd reasonable control, including, without limitation, Act of God, war, civil disturbance, flood, lightning or fire, industrial action or lockouts, the act or omission of Government or any agent thereof, the act or omission of any person for whom Chichester Cars Ltd is not responsible for.
• Whether you as the customer feel the damage to your car is accident related we are governed by the insurance company to only repair what is authorised by them.
• Whilst you (our customer) are in possession of one of Chichester Cars Ltd courtesy vehicle you are solely responsible for any damage caused whatsoever, you will not be covered on our policy unless specifically agreed. If you incur any fines or offences they will be forwarded to you as you must obey the law, there will also be an additional £30 plus vat admin fee.
• If in a courtesy car, you will have to return it with the equivalent level of fuel as point of collection, if not we have the right to charge the going rate plus time taken to do so.
• Chichester Cars Ltd reserves the right to revise and amend these terms from time to time. You will be subject to the terms in force at the time of your booking.
If you have any questions about our Terms & Conditions, please feel free to fill out the form on our Contact Us page